Senior Business Analyst, Marketplace
Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The Senior Business Analyst plays a pivotal role in our rapid expansion to communities serving people in need across the US. We’re working on exciting and innovative projects and we need somebody to provide business analyst support as well as project management support to ensure we’re on the right path. Our customers are innovative organizations across many sectors, including healthcare, government, education, local and national nonprofits, and private consultancies.
The ideal person for this job is somebody who has experience working in customer-facing roles, translating ideas into business requirements. They can think strategically and understand our larger business goals to help us build out a new product offering and have a real drive to build something big. They need to be highly skilled in project management and passionate about the world of social care.
1) Project Delivery (40%): Coordinate and communicate across teams to ensure requirements are being appropriately prioritized, scoped, and implemented in order to deliver high-quality product updates. Responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of a project lifecycle;
- Coordinate with Product to ensure requirements are clearly defined and related features are on track;
- Coordinate the creation of all related marketing materials; and
- Reach out to potential partners, and nurture existing partners.
2) Maintain all Project Deliverables (30%): Ensure project plans are up to date, stakeholders are informed and that the project is delivered on-time. Responsibilities include:
- Translate product directives to provide high-level context about the problem space, goals, use cases, and any customer/technical constraints;
- Work with other teams as necessary to define solutions and create detailed requirements from their respective designs; and
- Work with outside vendors as appropriate.
3) Stakeholder Collaboration/Communication (30%): Engage internal and external stakeholders to build consensus, manage expectations, and communicate progress throughout the delivery process.
- Gather input from stakeholders to inform requirements definition and prioritization.
- Work with Product to make necessary decisions and manage changes during implementation.
- Regularly communicate expectations and progress to stakeholders.
We are looking for someone with an BA/BS degree, 3+ years experience with project management, and experience managing large enterprise accounts.
You are someone who:
- Has experience with technology. You are able to learn new technologies quickly, using their time efficiently.
- Previously worked in sales, account management, customer support or customer success. You’re comfortable working with customer teams.
- Has superior communication and policy translation skills (presentation, written, and verbal). You can turn your research and analysis into something relatable and you’re comfortable tailoring your communication to your audience.
- Works with minimal direction to achieve goals. You’re a proactive self-starter.
- Can manage a broad scope of work expertly. You’ll have a number of plates in the air (Strategy! Research! Project Management!) and you can ensure that none of those plates will drop.
- Is detail-oriented. This position requires strong analytical, communication, planning and project management skills.
- Takes charge to figure things out when there is ambiguity. You’re not afraid of researching things you don’t know about. This assures you punch above your weight class — ability may be far greater than experience.
- Can handle change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant and you’re comfortable with that.
- Is in it for the Mission. You believe that no task is too small in the service of our mission.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.