Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
About the team you'll be joining:
We are a small team tasked with making our engineering teams autonomous and their processes more enjoyable, more stable, and faster. Our team is ruthless in maintaining our focus on the most important work, spending a lot of time refining and preparing tickets for work. Then we get our work to capital-D “Done” so that we only have to revisit it by choice.
We are looking for a mid-level engineer with a background in any one or all of web development, SaaS web operations, devops, or cloud security. We are looking for someone who is excited at the thought of test-driving cloud infrastructure-as-code and has a commitment to excellence.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone with a teachable and collaborative attitude.
- Build self-service tools to provision secure cloud infrastructure in GCP
- Participate in planning, refinement, and retros
- Look for opportunities for personal and career growth within team
- 4 years of experience (minimum) as a web, operations, security, infrastructure, or devops engineer, some of which should have come while at a cloud-based SaaS company
Expertise (in at least two of the following):
- GCP, particularly AppEngine, cloud functions, pub/sub
- cloud security, particularly IAM, firewalls, and log aggregation and monitoring
- networking, both internal and dns
- cloud-first infrastructure-as-code tools like Pulumi, Terraform, or AWS CDK
- test-driven development (not merely writing tests, but “red, green, refactor”)
- database administration, particularly MySQL
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.