Austin, TX /
Senior Leadership /
Full-time - Temporarily Remote
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
What We Need Your Help Doing:
Aunt Bertha's Senior Leadership Team includes six people whose roles are externally facing. One Executive Assistant currently supports three of those team members significantly -- with scheduling, travel / conference assistance, expenses, and miscellaneous projects -- and the other three lightly. The person in this role would take on supporting the other three externally facing leadership team members.
The Executive Assistant will provide day-to-day calendar, expense reporting, and project help, and relationship management for several members of our leadership team, interacting with customers, partners, employees, and other internal and external contacts on a wide variety of matters, allowing leadership to focus their energy on higher value work. This position is ideal for someone who is excited about making a difference, supporting a mission-oriented team, and becoming a trusted part of a growing organization with visionary leadership. This position requires very strong written and verbal communication, and exceptional organizational skills.
The two Executive Assistants will work separately, supporting a different subset of leadership team members, but with significant support for each other.
- Organizes executive calendars and sets up meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Acts as a liaison among executives, employees, and external partners
- Manages incoming calls and correspondence in a timely and accurate manner consistent with company values
- Works with leadership on initiatives requiring inter-departmental and inter-organizational support
- Captures notes and action items from meetings, ensuring the sensitive nature of this information is protected
- Follows-up on the status of various action items to ensure accountability
- File and data management
- Expense reporting
- Leads/participates in special projects and employee events
- Makes travel arrangements as needed
- Performs other responsibilities as determined by business needs
Strongly Preferred Qualities, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in an executive support role strongly recommended
- Strong interpersonal skills with sound judgment and a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to pay attention to detail, organize, prioritize, and manage multiple and varied projects simultaneously and independently
- Knowledge of proper formats for letters, reports, and presentations; ability to produce neat, accurate correspondence and reports
- Must have integrity, be dependable, and trustworthy with the ability to perform duties under stress of short deadlines with competing priorities
- Completion of Certified Professional Administrative certificate is a plus
To reiterate: if you do not include a cover letter that specifically addresses our mission and how it speaks to you, and specifically why you want to work at Aunt Bertha (as opposed to simply looking for a job) we will not evaluate you for this position.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.