Senior Product Manager
Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
You will be leading the charge for our Direct Services team. Direct Services is a way to enable fulfillment of services directly to the most vulnerable. You will work with product leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to define a team strategy and prioritized roadmap, then deliver and effectively communicate incremental projects toward our mission of connecting people to programs and services. You will be responsible for the delivery of your team and impact against goals.
You will be responsible for the research needed to deeply understand the complex problems facing our users, creating focused user stories and working with Engineering to structure and scope scalable, robust solutions.
- Conduct user research, understand specific requests, and deeply understand our data to identify core problems for our users
- Use quantitative data to make recommendations and business cases for features and partnerships, keeping teams aligned towards goals.
- Partner with product leadership and stakeholders to create and prioritize solutions.
- Break large projects into smaller, iterative steps delivering value to users and data on what's working, evaluating and defending scope along the way.
- Focus on metrics measuring success, while searching for problem insights from usage data.
- Balance short term progress and stakeholder needs with long-term vision
- 5+ years as a Product Manager advancing and scaling a SaaS product
- Experience in an Agile product development lifecycle: Setting product vision, strategy & goals to reach it, creating clear project requirements, and shipping incremental value.
- Experience partnering with other functions in an organization, like engineering, customer success, and partnerships.
- Comfort speaking to external stakeholders to understand their needsHistory of Business Analysis, process design, and managing to metricsComfortable with SQL, comfort with basic Python preferred
- Computer Science or Technical Degree a plus
- Healthcare or Government experience a plus
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.