VP of Marketing
Austin, TX /
Senior Leadership /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
Core Job to Be Done:
The VP of Marketing will play a pivotal role in our rapid expansion to communities serving people in need across the U.S. Our partners are working with us to redefine social care across many sectors, including healthcare, governments, local and national nonprofits, and education. We are looking for a seasoned VP of Marketing to lead the charge for our overall marketing strategy and operations.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with strong product marketing experience.
You’ll have the opportunity to lead strategy and drive growth through our Marketing department as we continuously scale our organization to triple-digit revenue.
- Build and oversee marketing operations: Drive Aunt Bertha’s marketing engine to include brand, messaging, and automation to maximize impact on our strategic goals. Define and execute a marketing strategy that exemplifies our mission;
- Build top-funnel awareness: Make Aunt Bertha a household name via advertising, campaign strategy, and outreach.
- Proven marketing leadership experience of 10+ years with a track record of high-growth scaling;
- Experience in a marketing leadership role within one of the following domains: healthcare, government, education, or technology with a strong preference for knowledge of SaaS business models and/or network effects;
- Proven experience in overseeing marketing strategy and operations, content marketing, strategy and production, brand, advertising, and content marketing functions and teams, and experience guiding sales enablement;
- Made a significant, unmistakable impact to top-line revenue at a mission-oriented organization.
- Drove high-growth scale, profitability, and market disruption during the candidate’s tenure.
- Located in Austin, TX or desire to relocate; relocation support is available.
You are someone who:
- Is in it for the Mission. You believe that no task is too small in the service of our mission.
- Puts people front and center. You recognize the importance of people in achieving the mission; You attract, hire, retain, and develop them with the integrity and values that we believe in;
- Loves a good challenge with an unflappable drive. Brings energetic, thoughtful leadership with a desire to manage and expand a winning team;
- Experience executing on ambitious goals. You’re already built, or have been actively involved in scaling a marketing team (and can demonstrate it);
- Is a demanding coach who displays patience and empathy. You love helping people develop in their careers. You can push people beyond their comfort zone without being obnoxious;
- Can thrive in ambiguity. You are decisive, take chances, and push through when others are ambivalent or hesitant. You collaborate with others to define the answers, instead of waiting for answers to give you the details;
- Works well with complexity. You can conceptually integrate our offerings with previously unconsidered customer bases and needs, and work as a unifying force among our multiple teams;
- Conducts, as an orchestra. You can work with disparate teams and team members to coax out a symphonic result, greater than the sum of its parts;
- Is kind.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.