Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
Our team’s purpose is to support the employees and teams of Aunt Bertha so we can serve more Seekers through our company mission by recruiting, developing and retaining top talent.
The heart of the job:
The Training Manager plays a pivotal role in our rapid expansion to educate and enable both our customers and internal teams. The ideal person is an experienced training manager who can lead our training strategy, manage its implementation, and measure its impact. A successful candidate will be passionate about learning, excited about the prospect of leading by example, and you’ve got to care about the world of social care.
We Want Someone Who (Qualifications)
We are looking for someone with a track record in designing and executing successful training / education programs, and prefer a person with experience with a technical training background. You must have 5+ years of experience with delivering both customer and team member training, with at least 1+ year as a training manager.
You must have a familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.).
Experience with learning management systems and online training tools is a plus. Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM™) or Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) a plus.*
- In collaboration with the Director, create and implement a strategic vision for education across the company.
- Develop and implement successful customer training programs.
- Build out and manage our training team.
- Identify training needs by consulting with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver training solutions that meet our internal and external needs.
- Owns the success of external and internal training programs.
- Assesses all training functions across the company and executes on recommended improvements.
- Manages team of training specialists and instructional designers.
- Reviews existing education programs; suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of clientele, the organization, or the industry.
- Evaluates individual and company performance to ensure education is meeting business needs and improving performance.
- Ensures that training curriculum and programs are current, accurate, and effective and align with company goals.
- Maintains knowledge of new methods and techniques for education,
- Works closely with Product to ensure training materials are kept up to date.
- Writing curriculum and conducts or facilitates education sessions.
- Ensures that the team’s milestones and goals are met.
You Are Someone Who
- Has superior communication skills (presentation, written, and verbal). You’re comfortable tailoring your communication to your audience.
- Is comfortable in front of a class. In addition to managing the team, you’ll also be delivering education as well. Both virtually and in person!
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented. This position requires strong analytical, communication, planning and project management skills.
- Knows how to dig in. You know how to go deep on projects and are a proactive learner.
- Works with minimal direction to achieve goals. You’re a proactive self-starter.
- Can manage a broad scope of work expertly. You’ll have a number of plates in the air in this role and you can ensure none of those plates will drop.
- Takes charge to figure things out when there is ambiguity. You’re not afraid of figuring out things you don’t know about. This assures you punch above your weight class — ability may be far greater than experience.
- Can handle change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant and you’re comfortable with that.
- Is in it for the Mission. You believe that no task is too small in the service of our mission.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.