Community Engagement Manager Kansas City
Kansas City, MO /
Community Engagement /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The Community Engagement team is an integral part of fulfilling this mission: this team builds and supports relationships with social care providers and community based organizations (CBOs) by engaging with them on their terms, listening to their needs, and partnering with them to ensure those in need and helping professionals find and connect to their services with dignity and ease.
- Establish and grow relationships with a large number of nonprofit and other community organizations with the end goal of increasing nonprofit usage of Aunt Bertha tools.
- Train community based organizations and customer teams on how to use Aunt Bertha’s suite of tools.
- Manage client and project communications- be a leader driving the community engagement portions of the project plan, working collaboratively with Customer Success Managers, and sharing best practices of how customers can mobilize community engagement and build CBO relationships in their communities.
- Develop & maintain relationships with key customer contacts assigned to support community engagement efforts.
- Advocate for the ongoing needs and goals of CBOs internally - gathering feedback and understanding both how to meet them where they are and also how to help get them where they want to go.
- Take ownership of technical issues, responding in a timely manner, and working with cross-functional teams to document problem resolution steps.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Community Engagement team to build a thriving department and foster the overall success of Aunt Bertha and the people we serve.
Experience You Bring
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience working in or with non-profits and/or government programs.
- Experience with adult learning techniques and best practices; software training experience a plus
- Experience with technology and able to learn new technologies quickly; familiar with SaaS application support requirements
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate/present effectively at all levels of the organization including the C-suite
- Ability to work with minimal direction to achieve goals
- Team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations
- Ability to travel to some customer locations
- Interest in social determinants, organizational innovation, social enterprise, healthcare, community organizations, governmental groups
Traits and Experiences That Will Help You Thrive
- Understand Non-profit and/or Government Programs in the Kansas City metro region: You understand the ins and outs of programs for individuals in need, and you have a sense for what the motivations and values are for different direct service providing organizations.
- Empathetic, Good Listener: You recognize that our customers and CBOs have a lot on their plates. You are a good listener and promoting Aunt Bertha platforms is second to understanding how people view and might use the tools in their everyday work. When our product isn’t the right solution, listening will help you understand what’s missing, and will help us make improvements.
- Consultative Leader: You’re not afraid to make prescriptive recommendations for the good of the project. You can validate questions or concerns while tactfully suggesting solutions.
- Outgoing, Yet Humble: You’re comfortable introducing yourself to strangers, speaking in front of a group who may or may not initially understand why you are there, and keeping your cool when challenges arise in the moment.
- Organized for Speed and Quality: You know how to take rough ideas and build them into flexible, fast, learning-focused processes that can be understood across teams. You think about optimizing your own tasks so that you can make space for new ideas.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.