Data Quality Support Associate
Austin, TX /
Data Operations /
Full-time - Temporarily Remote
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The Data Quality Support Associate will help us build out the quality and breadth of social service programs on our platform.
Your goal will be to ensure that any programs found on the site meet Aunt Bertha's standards for quality, accuracy, and inclusion. You will be providing support to site users by answering questions about our work, reviewing program suggestions, and assisting with site navigation and troubleshooting.
- Customer Support and live chat
- Program Entry
- Troubleshooting (analyze, isolate, research, and provide answers/updates to to end users)
- Verifying and maintaining current program data
- Making calls to organizations to verify program information (cost, hours, etc)
- Telecommunication skills
- Digital Communication skills (email/chat)
- Understanding of basic web terminology
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across teams and departments
Strongly Preferred Qualities
- Basic HTML understanding (interested in building onto these skills)
- Technical Customer Service background
- Bilingual (Spanish is not required, but preferred)
- Effective Communication (written and verbal)
- Is detail-oriented and can still multitask effectively
- Can thrive in ambiguity and embrace change.
- You are not afraid of things you don’t know about.
- Great time management
- Ability to prioritize
- Solution oriented
- Genuine desire to help others thrive in a team environment/Eager to work with others
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.