Austin, TX /
Program Management /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
Aunt Bertha’s PMO team plays a pivotal role in driving and reporting out on the company’s larger initiatives. As a manager, you’ll lead a smaller team of Program Managers and are responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the operations of this business unit. The ideal person for this role thinks strategically, is comfortable with ambiguity, and has experience both working cross functionally and managing a team. Along with a passion for social care, this candidate has experience in project or process management and has led large scale projects.
- Maturing the department -- we are a younger team and this role will include building goals for the business unit
- Hiring two or three additional Program Managers, ensuring PMO team has the transparency and collaboration needed, and should act as the gateway for project status and communication
- Developing employees and the culture of the team, emphasizing quality, continuous improvement, and high performance from your PMs
- Overseeing and approving a monthly report on company initiatives, presented to the senior leadership team by PMO
- Driving open communication - you make sure the right people have access to the right information to make the right decisions
- Providing oversight to your employees in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Coaching and mentoring staff -- including developing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning
- Empowering your team to do good work and delegating responsibilities while expecting accountability and giving regular feedback
- Planning and implementing systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and goals of the department efficiently
- Communicating regularly with other managers, directors, VPs, etc.
- Has 6+ years of experience in project management
- Has 3+ years of experience in management and knowledge and experience in supervision and management
- Outstanding interpersonal and coaching skills
- Has experience in the technology sector - you’ve worked with a variety of tools and can learn new systems quickly and thoroughly
- Has advanced communication skills (presentation, written, and verbal)
- Can manage a broad scope of work efficiently
- Can handle quick change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant, and you're comfortable with thatIs in it for the mission
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.