Director, Business Development
Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for all vendor licensing and strategic partnership relationships which includes proactively developing new licensing opportunities with vendors that provide technology or services, develop new channel relationships that help scale new and existing markets, drive the success of existing channel relationships through sales and marketing support, and furthering our enterprise strategy with new and identified partners. This individual will oversee all vendor licensing and the integrated delivery of channel partnerships to help Aunt Bertha accelerate its growth. The Director of Business Development will report to the VP of Sales & Business Development.
- Creating a clear enterprise strategic vision and strategy for vendor licensing and channel partnerships
- Lead all vendor licensing opportunities - proactively identify key market vendors that provide technology or services, and manage strategic sales opportunities
- Build and lead channel partnerships that promote revenue growth, and new market development
- Identifying value creation through the fulfillment of unmet and under met market and partner needs
- Ensuring tight alignment and coordination of deliverables across the organization for partnership deliverables which include Sales, Marketing, Partnerships, Product and Customer Success
- Partnering with Sales and Marketing and other teams within the organization to understand, adapt and embrace new channel & partnership opportunities — collaborating with and educating those who need to be prepared to help drive the success of the partnership
Experience You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of related healthcare technology experience. Strong ability to communicate value propositions for enterprise SaaS technology
- Rich and broad experience and credibility across all aspects and disciplines within strategic partnerships (Strategy, Design, Enablement, and Management)
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, collaboration, communication skills, and cultural awareness
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement high impact strategic business plans
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to stay abreast of and incorporate relevant industry trends
- Experience with executive C-suite level communications and presentations required
- Ability to establish and expand partner relationships, influence outcomes, and communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Passion for innovation and excellence in achieving results
- Must be flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- A thought leader and self-starter; Strong sense of accountability and personal ownership
- Promotes a diverse and inclusive culture
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.