Senior Product Manager
Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
The Data Science team is integral in understanding and optimizing the interactions between our Helpers, Seekers and our platform. Our Data Science team parses and organizes our data for both internal and external users, and conducts deeper analysis to provide insights from this data.
You will be responsible for partnering with the Data Science team and leadership across the company to deliver on our mission using quantitative methods. You will work with product leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to define a team strategy and prioritized roadmap, then deliver and effectively communicate analysis and insights driving toward our mission of connecting people to programs and services. You will be responsible for the delivery of your team and impact against goals.
- Develop, scope, prioritize, and manage projects to deliver valuable data addressing the core problems and needs of internal and external users through user research and feature requests.
- Break large projects into smaller, iterative steps delivering value to users and data on what’s needed.
- Create process-level solutions to the problems facing our teams, e.g. training or datasets needed to inform decision making and evaluate success.
- Evangelize the utility of insightful data across the organization, to ensure it is used appropriately and learn more about what it misses.
- Balance short term progress, reporting requests, and long-term vision
- 5+ years as a Product Manager in consumer web or SaaS products
- Documented history of getting things done
- Experience building products using quantitative data
- Currently works in Agile environment, shipping incremental value directly with engineering
- A history of advocating for and supporting your team
- Documented experience of building beautiful things
- Experience partnering with other functions in an organization, like engineering, customer success, and UX
- A strong desire to solve the next problem impact the lives of our users
- Computer Science or Technical Degree a plus
- Healthcare or Government experience a plus
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.