Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
Resolve magazine launched in late 2019 as Aunt Bertha’s storytelling initiative, and is an especially exciting place for our mission to come alive. Resolve creates stories, articles, documentaries, interviews, columns and coverage that highlight the human side and impact of social care. Key subject areas include public health, poverty, policy, social care and nonprofits, as well as the challenges and work of helping people and communities.
- Set and implement broad editorial vision, run daily assignment and production priorities, manage the editorial calendar, publication schedule and annual budget.
- Lead story development process: conceptualize, assign, report, produce and edit pieces
- Strategize and create ambitious editorial projects and packages for both editorial and brand-building initiatives
- Manage and direct resolve team and freelance contributors, guiding them to develop their talents and pushing for excellence in every piece produced
- Devise and implement strategies that foster engaged audiences for resolve across all platforms
- Partner with Marketing, Research and PR teams to develop content that builds brand equity in key topics and aligns with business goals
Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of editorial and content production experience
- Strong management skills, with proven track record of leading teams
- Strong communication skills, proficiency writing engaging headlines
- Ability to multitask and excel under pressure.
- Excellent editorial judgment, with demonstrated ability to bring sharp angles to stories
- Deep understanding of audience development, distribution strategies, and search engine optimization
- Familiarity with or interest to learn more about social care, public policy, poverty, community social work, data-sourced storytelling desirable
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.