Robotics Engineer - Intern
SF Bay Area
At Auro (www.getauro.com), we are making autonomous shuttles for transportation within campuses, such as at a university campus, retirement community or a business / corporate park. We’re not just building another self-driving car, we’re completely re-inventing what mobility means for campus environments.
Our first autonomous shuttle is already providing daily shuttle service on a university campus. We are a Y Combinator incubated start-up, and have raised over $2M investment from angel investors and Venture Capitalists. We have been covered extensively in media by MIT Tech Review, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Economic Times, TechCrunch and others.
We’re seeking engineers who thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment. The ability to think on your feet, an insatiable curiosity, and an unbridled passion for robotics are critical for success here at Auro. We’re a fast-moving start-up, which means no two days are alike, and no one is confined to a single role or title. Our ideal candidate is excited about the ability to grow, learn, and engage with state-of-the-art technology on a daily basis. You should also be excited about wearing other hats beyond this role.
- Develop and implement new algorithms / systems for autonomous driving related to your domain expertise (such as computer vision, motion planning, controls etc.)
- Further improve the existing code base and algorithms for production use
- Spot missing gaps and scenarios not addressed by existing algorithms, and plug them with appropriate solutions
- Drill down into reason of inconsistencies / issues found during field tests, and fix them
CORE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Familiarity with one or more domains in robotics such as computer vision, motion planning algorithms, SLAM, controls and mechatronics.
- Hands-on experience of working with robotics hardware, including sensors (such as Lidar, camera, IMU), micro-controllers (such as Arduino, STM etc.) and motors (such as stepper and BLDC motors)
- Excellent C++ development skills on Linux platform
- Comfortable in ROS
- Has made a robot in the past by himself / herself, or was a significant part of team that did that.
- Be part of an amazing start-up working closely with founders
- Full time job offer based on your performance
- Flexible working hours
- Free snacks and gadgets for entertainment
- Hands-on experience of working on wide range of sensors & equipments in autonomous vehicles