Deep Learning Engineer
SF Bay Area
At Auro (www.auro.ai), we are making autonomous shuttles for transportation within campuses, such as at a university campus, retirement community or a business / corporate park. We’re not just building another self-driving car, we’re completely re-inventing what mobility means for campus environments.
Our first autonomous shuttle is already providing daily shuttle service on a university campus. We are a Y Combinator incubated start-up, and have raised over $2M investment from angel investors and Venture Capitalists. We have been covered extensively in media by MIT Tech Review, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Economic Times, TechCrunch and others.
We’re seeking engineers who thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment. The ability to think on your feet, an insatiable curiosity, and an unbridled passion for robotics are critical for success here at Auro. We’re a fast-moving start-up, which means no two days are alike, and no one is confined to a single role or title. Our ideal candidate is excited about the ability to grow, learn, and engage with state-of-the-art technology on a daily basis. You should also be excited about wearing other hats beyond this role.
- Design and develop perception system based on camera and Lidar for pedestrian detection, obstacle recognition and scene understanding.
- Setup tools and systems for data collection, annotation, training and evaluation of deep learning systems on large datasets
Core Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience of using machine learning / deep learning for computer vision related applications
- Excellent C++ programming skills and software design skills
- Comfortable in using popular ML frameworks such as Caffe, Torch, TensorFlow, Theano etc.
- Experience working with large data setsPro in using CUDA
- Experience applying machine learning for robotics / autonomous vehicle applications
- Good amount of equity along with a competitive salary
- Hand on Experience in design and development of self driving car from Day 1
- Be part of core team of an amazing start-up (early 5 founding employees) working closely with founders
- Health insurance - for medical, dental and vision
- 21 days paid vacation and Flexible working hours
- Free snacks and gadgets for entertainment
- Hands-on experience of working on wide range of sensors & equipments in autonomous vehicles