Denver, CO /
Sensor Engineering /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
To successfully do this, Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us develop and deliver transformative analytic solutions. If you’re passionate about hands-on development and deployment of wireless sensing hardware, we want you to join our team to help us inform global connectivity.
We’re looking for an Electronics Engineer to:
- Lead assembly, subcontractor management, and testing for the production of electronic sensors
- Assist in design and development of wideband, high sensitivity sensors of the radio frequency (RF) environment
- Build, test, and deploy prototype and/or production sensors
- Design and script automated test equipment and embedded code
- Develop clear and concise assembly and test documentation
- Contribute your creative energy and talents to a variety of activities in a fast-paced start-up environment
- A minimum of a four-year degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in Python, MATLAB, or LabView
- Experience in design and implementation of software and firmware (microcontroller, microprocessor, or FPGA) is preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with remote technical and business teams
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to define, execute, follow-up complex tasks and anticipate their impact
- Established problem solving/resolution skills, proactive thinking and ability to take decisive action
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. person status required
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.