Software Defined Radio (SDR) Engineer
Greater Denver, CO or Washington, DC Areas or Remote /
Sensor Engineering /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
To successfully do this, Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us develop and deliver transformative analytic solutions. If you’re passionate about wireless technology and the power of software defined radio to rapidly advance radio system performance, we want you to join our team to help us inform global connectivity.
We’re looking for an experienced SDR engineer to:
· Design creative methods for wideband, high sensitivity sensing of the radio frequency (RF) environment
· Develop software techniques for radio control and signal processing for optimal RF sensing
· Implement control and digital signal processing (DSP) software on embedded processors and System on Chip (SoC)
· Implement DSP firmware on embedded field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and SoC
· Design cutting-edge, high-speed digital printed circuit boards
· Design high performance RF front end circuits based on highly integrated RFICs and/or component-level designs
· Develop and expand our knowledge base and best practices for RF and SDR technology
· Contribute your creative energy and talents to a variety of activities in a fast-paced start-up environment
· A minimum of a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. Masters or higher is a plus
· Four or more years of experience in SDR hardware and software
· Expertise in design and implementation of software and firmware in an embedded environment
· Expertise in Python
· Proficiency in an HDL (Verilog or VHDL)
· Experience in Xilinx Vivado® Design Suite
· Experience with FPGA, SoC, MPSoC, and RFSoC technology
· Experience in high-reliability, fault tolerant space systems is a plus
· Proficiency in high-speed digital circuit, RF circuit and PCB design is a plus
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with remote technical and business teams
· Self-starter attitude with the ability to define, execute, follow-up complex tasks and anticipate their impact
· Established problem solving/resolution skills, proactive thinking and ability to take decisive action
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.