Greater Denver, CO or Washington, DC Areas or Remote /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
Aurora Insight seeks a senior-level Product Manager to develop and support Aurora’s key product offerings as we transition from a start-up to mature and continually innovating business. Our mission is to revolutionize how the world understands wireless connectivity. Your mission will be to communicate that understanding to our customers.
You will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: conducting market research, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, competitive analysis, and working closely with engineering, sales, and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Drive the product and business planning process across cross-functional teams of the company through product research, market research, competitive analysis, roadmap development, requirements development, development execution, and product launch
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, workflow, current solutions, pain points, and market trends through market research and customer interviews
- Assess market competition by comparing the Aurora's product to competitors' products and seek opportunities for differentiation
- Translate this understanding of customers and competition into product strategy and roadmap that gain market share, improve customer experience, and drive growth
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by technical teams
- Deliver documentation to internal teams that prioritizes features and provides rationale
- Bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; prioritizing activities, preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with technical teams
- Work with external parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Inform management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- Lead the Product Team and manage its personnel
- Strong experience in a dynamic product management role (at least 5 years preferred)
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and/or data products
- Master’s degree in product design or engineering or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years experience in industry
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Strong presentation and public speaking skills desired as well.
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.