Solutions Architect / Engineer
Greater Washington, DC or Denver, CO Areas or Remote
The future digital economy is driven by data. Since 2016, the majority of data moves over wireless communications and wireless technology is expected to grow in excess of 10x by 2020. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us deliver transformative analytic solutions to clients and learn from their experiences. The Solutions Architect / Engineer represents the frontline expert for each associated Sales and Product manager in their area of domain expertise / market segment alignment. They maintain a closed feedback loop of assessing needs for the product in the marketplace and directly from our customers, working with Sales to execute and Development to implement. The Solutions Architect / Engineer has a finger on the pulse of the customer base to detect opportunities and provide the feedback needed to advance Aurora Insight solutions.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect / Engineer to:
- Drive customer value and engagement by facilitating use of Aurora data products
- Support Sales Team in identifying opportunities and closing deals
- Create overall winning propositions for customers by internalizing value, use-cases, barriers, and incentives
- Specify product and contract details in terms of cost, technical performance, and scope
- Identify and establish relationships with key customers and technical influencers
- Generate continuous feedback from stakeholders on company products and technical performance
- Quantify value creation and define key stakeholder metrics
Specifically, the scope of responsibilities and activities will entail:
- Conduct meetings with buyers either in conjunction with sales, or alone as part of the overall sales strategy and represent company at industry events
- Hone and deliver presentations of key value proposition and key technical advantages to appropriate management, technical, and user stakeholders
- Set up and project manage pilots and trials, including acceptance agreements for move from trial to deployment
- Craft proposals and, when appropriate, guide the RFP/RFI process, to emphasize value for customer
- Participate in deliverables review to spot-check for quality and consistency
- Identify and coordinate Aurora Insight internal resources (Sales, Operations, Account Support, Product Management, Marketing, Legal, etc.) required to develop client solution
To make it happen, we are looking for you to have these interests and skills:
- 5 to 7+ years experience in the communications industry or other relevant industry
- BS Degree or higher in Telecom, Engineering, Computer Science, Business or relevant field
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills
- A proven track record of Sales Engineering and Sales Support experience
- Background and current understanding of wireless networks and architectures: mobile (e.g. GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G), LAN (e.g. Wi-Fi), LP-WAN (e.g. NB-IoT), broadcast (e.g. ATSC, DVB), and emerging mechanisms for dynamic spectrum access (e.g. CBRS)
- Familiarity with wireless network design techniques, network operations, and support systems
- Understanding of key value chain components and drivers in mobile, cable, satellite, and wireline market segments
- Fluency in language(s) beyond English desirable, but not a requirement
- Strong working experience with MS Office Suite
- Be able and willing to travel 50% to 75% of the time for client facing work
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.