Digital Signal Processing (DSP)/Wireless Engineer
Sensor Engineering /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
*** US Citizenship or US Person Status is required. Candidates must currently reside in the US ***
To successfully do this, Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us develop and deliver transformative analytic solutions. If you’re passionate about digital signal processing and wireless communications, we want you to join our team to help us inform global connectivity.
We’re looking for an experienced DSP/wireless communication engineer to:
· Implement cutting-edge algorithms to create business intelligence insights for the telecommunication industry
· Develop novel algorithms based on digital signal processing, statistical processing, and machine learning to extract features from RF data, identify RF signals, and localize emissions
· Create numerical models for interpreting and understanding RF survey data
· Model, simulate, and analyze modern wireless communication signals
· Develop and expand our knowledge base and best practices for analysis and interpretation of RF signal data
· Contribute your creative energy and talents to a variety of activities in a fast-paced start-up environment
- A minimum of a four-year degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field. Masters or higher is a plus
- Four or more years of experience in digital signal processing
- Proficiency in digital communications and digital signal processing theory and application
- Familiarity with modern wireless communication standards (2G through 5G, WiFi, SATCOM, IoT) is a plus
- Experience in Python and distributed applications is desired
- Experience with software defined radios is a plus
- Experience with RF propagation modeling is a plus
- A working understanding of geolocation techniques is a plus
- A working understanding of wireless communication hardware such as RF front ends, RFICs, FPGAs, SoCs, and antennas is desired
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with remote technical and business teams
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to define, execute, follow-up complex tasks and anticipate their impact
- Established problem solving/resolution skills, proactive thinking and ability to take decisive action
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. person status required
Aurora's corporate offices and labs are in Denver, Colorado. For qualifying candidates, relocation to Denver may be offered.
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.