Data Software Engineer
Greater Denver, CO or Washington, DC Areas or Remote
The future digital economy is driven by data. Since 2016, the majority of data moves over wireless communications and wireless technology is expected to grow in excess of 10x by 2020. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
To successfully do this, Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us develop and deliver transformative analytic solutions. Our tech stack is Python, Postgres, Airflow, and Docker running on AWS. If you’re passionate about data and the power of analytics to create industry re-defining insights, we want you to join our team to help us inform global connectivity.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to:
- Design and develop software systems for processing and managing large datasets.
- Build and maintain ETL processes, APIs, software tools and deployment systems.
- Work alongside data engineers and scientists to design and build APIs and components of a batch data pipeline.
- Be a champion of software development best practices.
- Collaborate with other team members through code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute your creative energy and talents to a variety of activities in a fast-paced start-up environment.
In order to make that happen, we’re looking for you to have these interests and skills:
- A minimum of a four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP, etc.
- PostgreSQL or other SQL database experience.
- Experience with a workflow management tool like Airflow, Luigi, etc. is a plus.
- Prior experience with sensor data like audio or imagery is highly desirable but not required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with distributed technical and business teams.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to define, execute, follow-up complex tasks and anticipate their impact.
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.