Denver, CO /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us deliver transformative analytic solutions to clients and learn from their experiences. The Community Manager leads from within the company to create a productive and engaging environment. You are a culture ambassador and a solutions-maker. You take company-wide ownership of the emotional, technological, and logistical supports we need to achieve our collective goal; in short, you determine and deliver what people on the team need to do their job. The Community Manager should have a passion for people, productivity and engagement and should be excited about advancing global connectivity with the power of data-driven insights.
This position requires extreme comfort working with a distributed team and effectively using modern communications modes, both in the Denver office and from home.
We are looking for a Community and Operations Manager to:
- Work with the Executive Team to evolve and deepen the company culture, reinforcing our values and keys to success
- Directly support the Executive Team with tasks related to business development, fundraising, and customer management
- Research, recommend, and lead company wide and individual training initiatives and compliance
- Cooperate with our Corporate Social Responsibility team to identify worthwhile causes and drive company participation
- Manage physical offices, intra-company communications tools, employee handbooks, information libraries, and company perks
- Support and coordinate logistics for Aurora's equipment, including shipping, data media logistics, and inventories
- Identify, prioritize, propose, and realize solutions to high-friction or time-consuming company administrative tasks
- Play an active role in the hiring and on-boarding processes, and support HR initiatives
- Reinforce pride in company successes and overall company vision and impact
To make it happen, we are looking for you to have the following:
- 3-5 years experience working in a high-energy working environment with local and remote team-members
- Formal education in business, hospitality, communications, or a technical field. BA perhaps, but certainly not required.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, having worked for start-up and high growth companies or divisions
- Employee engagement is one of the most important things to you and you have experience building it
- You're excited about meeting a new colleague and learning about what they're working on
- You've double-clicked on a handful of articles this week (and/or just finished a book) about teams, company culture, and/or productivity
- Keeping things in top shape, well oiled, and 'better than yesterday' gives you a sense of satisfaction and energy
- Traveling comes easy to you, and you're willing to visit and work from various locations at least 30% of the time (when we can travel again)
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.