Sensor Data Collection Operations Manager (Military Veterans Encouraged)
Denver, CO /
Data Operations /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
To do this successfully, Aurora is seeking a flexible, driven, organized, and process-minded individual to conduct data collection operations, manage data, manage data collection hardware, and generate plans and reports.
This is an early-career role for a technically-minded individual. Military veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
This role will grow as the company grows. They will perform experimental and operational collections themselves and travel with our platform operators as our customer needs require. As our reach expands, the candidate will assist in managing collection operations, and manage interact contractors and partners.
We’re looking for a Data Collections Operations Manager to:
- Perform operational data collections across ground and airborne sensing domains to provide the raw data that powers Aurora's data product development
- Operate complex computerized sensor systems and need to adapt quickly as our technology advances
- Manage data and physical storage media
- Ensure the security of massive quantities of data during collection and transport
- Provide feedback to our sensor systems team before, during, and after collection events and nominal operations to fuel innovation and speed time to data availability
- Collaborate with the data science, product and sales teams to extract customer value from the data your team collects
In order to make that happen, we’re looking for you to have these interests and skills:
- Field operations experience
- Established problem solving/resolution skills, proactive thinking, and ability to take decisive action
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills
- An associates degree in a technical field with demonstrated technical experience, several years prior experience working in a technology field with demonstrated on-the-job training, or, if a military veteran, demonstrated excellence in a technical or logistics MOS.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with remote technical and business teams
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to define, execute, and follow-up complex tasks and anticipate their impact
- Programming experience, particularly with Python, is a plus
- Geographic Information Experience (GIS) is a plus
- Information Technology (IT) experience is a plus
- International experience is a plus
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.