Data Product Analyst
Denver or Washington DC /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
To successfully do this, Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us develop and deliver transformative analytic solutions. Our current tools include Python, Jupyter notebooks, SQL and Tableau. If you’re passionate about data and the power of analytics to create industry re-defining insights, we want you to join our team to help us inform global connectivity.
We’re looking for a senior data analyst to:
- Collaborate with the data science, product and sales teams.
- Build statistical analyses, maps and visualizations to support customer engagements and internal development.
- Coordinate product generation.
- Develop strategies, processes and automated tests to ensure data quality.
- Build tools and dashboards that enable internal or external users explore our data and insights.
- Work efficiently with a variety of large data sources, including geospatial databases and AWS s3 objects.
- Communicate patterns, statistics and relationships in a visually compelling way to industry management.
- Develop and expand our knowledge base and best practices for analysis and interpretation of very large data sets.
In order to make that happen, we’re looking for you to have these interests and skills:
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with Python and SQL.
- Experience with cloud computing systems and command line tools.
- Familiarity with remote sensing, geospatial or other sensor data is a big plus.
- A cover letter explaining your interest in Aurora is a plus.
- Exposure to web development is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with remote technical and business teams.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to define, execute, follow-up complex tasks and anticipate their impact.
- Established problem solving/resolution skills, proactive thinking and ability to take decisive action.
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.