Director of Commercial Sales, North America
Denver, CO or Remote /
The future economy is driven by wireless connectivity. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft, on the ground, and in space to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
We are looking for a Director of Commercial Sales to lead Aurora's business development efforts across the North American commercial telecommunications ecosystem and close sales. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand our customer's needs, understand Aurora's unique technology and its advantages, and become thought leader and problem solver for clients and business partners. The Director of Commercial Sales, North America, will value long-term partnerships and have strong operational sensibilities.
This role offers:
- The opportunity to own commercial sales accounts worth $Ms
- Direct input to product development to solve your customers' needs
- The ability to work in a fast-growing startup with an agile and responsive engineering, product, and executive teams
- The potential to contribute to and benefit from the massive growth of a new company
- A competitive base salary with a comprehensive benefits package including 401k matching and ownership potential
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $100,000 to $150,000. This role is eligible for significant incentive pay linked to quarterly revenue.
As our sales leader, you will:
- Build an understanding of customer needs through a collaborative and engaged approach and understand how Aurora's solutions fit and/or disrupt their current workflows; you will dig in and build long-term relationships
- Understand technical aspects of Aurora's core technology, products, and services and apply them to customer needs through a lens of understanding industry trends
- Leverage Aurora's extensive network of wireless industry contacts, bring their own, and cultivate new contacts
- Work collaboratively with Aurora Insight leadership, product management, engineering, sales support, finance, and operations to source and structure deals that deliver value to our customers
- Develop business strategy including yearly and quarterly sales targets.
- Strategically generate leads, identify, qualify and secure large sales opportunities.
- Work with Aurora's lines of businesses to develop multi-line of business value proposition
- Lead the response for competitive commercial RFPs
To make it happen, we are looking for you to have these interests and skills:
- Passion for solving customer problems and designing unique products to do so
- 5+ years of experience in wireless ecosystem sales; test and evaluation or crowdsourced data highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to do the hard work of understanding customer use cases, workflows, and underlying limitations of their current solutions
- Demonstrated ability to internalize, synthesize, and build on deeply technical information about products and capabilities developed by Aurora's technical team
- Ability to articulate the benefits and differentiators of new and evolving products and solutions
- Proven ability to drive sales process to a close; must be motivated by closing deals
- Demonstrated ability to write winning proposals
- Ability to use CRM platform to track and report opportunities and key metrics
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization
- Excellent listening, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed, with up to 50% travel within the US
Aurora will consider employees in Denver, Washington, DC or fully remote.
Aurora Insight Inc's corporate offices are located in Denver, Colorado. We operate with a hybrid remote and in-person culture. Aurora will offer a relocation stipend to move to Denver or the Washington, DC area for this role, if the candidate and the team they are joining believe that this would be of benefit.
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits including 401k matching, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.