Denver, CO /
Software Engineering /
The future digital economy is driven by data. Over the next 5 years, the number of mobile internet users is expected to increase by more than a billion users, and IoT devices will number in the tens of billions. The scarce and finite resource that makes wireless communications possible is radio frequency (RF) spectrum. Despite its critical importance, the industry uses outdated and ad-hoc methods to track, understand, and invest in spectrum-based infrastructure.
Aurora Insight Inc. provides information as-a-service to help companies make smarter, faster, data-driven decisions about the infrastructure underpinning the digital economy. Aurora employs a remote sensing approach, using a network of sensors on aircraft and microsatellites to “image” spectrum and create a lens for our digital world. As imagery has done in other industries, our goal is to discover new insights that help expand the frontier of connectivity.
To successfully do this, Aurora is looking for smart, self-driven, and creative individuals to help us develop and deliver transformative analytic solutions. Our tech stack is Python, PostgreSQL, and Docker running on multiple cloud environments. If you’re passionate about data and the power of analytics to create industry re-defining insights, we want you to join our team to help us inform global connectivity.
We’re looking for an experienced Cloud/Platform/Devops engineer to:
- Implement a high-volume data processing system across multiple cloud environments.
- Measure and monitor resource usage, logs and other metrics to ensure system health across cloud providers.
- Regularly evaluate expenditures and iterate on solutions to ensure cost-effective data processing.
- Trouble-shoot problems that span operating systems, virtualized hardware, databases, storage, network (TCP/IP), and code.
- Develop and implement security measures for the protection of mission-critical information.
- Build continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems to streamline our software release process.
In order to make that happen, we’re looking for you to have these interests and skills:
- Demonstrated experience designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed data processing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience writing and deploying software systems in cloud environments (AWS, GCP)
- Ability to write and maintain infrastructure as code with tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience with CI/CD systems (CircleCI, Travis).
- Strong knowledge of L3-L7 networking and securing virtual networks on hosted systems.
- Container orchestration with Docker on ECS or Kubernetes.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Aurora will consider employees in Denver, Washington, DC or fully remote.
Must be a U.S. person currently in the United States.
Desire to work in our fast-paced start-up environment is key. Aurora provides competitive salary and benefits, start-up company equity options, a modern work environment, challenging problems and opportunities for growth.