Manager, Value Consulting
United States /
Sales – Client Solutions Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As the Manager of Value Consulting, you will guide a team of Value Consultants whose main responsibilities are to partner with prospective clients and/or existing customers, in order to demonstrate the value of Aurora’s products and services by identifying unique value drivers, building detailed business models and ROI scenarios, as well as measuring the impact on a client’s business post-sales. You will work cross-functionally with other leaders in Sales Engineering, Customer Success, Product, and Marketing, and report directly to the Director of Client Solutions to help recruit Value Consulting talent, mentor recent hires, grow your team’s knowledge, launch new initiatives, implement new processes, organize team events, etc.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Manage and mentor a team of Value Consultants
- Create initiatives that maximize the impact of value consulting on sales
- Innovate on financial modeling and software stacks
- Create repeatable, reliable, efficient, and scalable processes that promote Aurora’s sales and product processes where Value Consultants are involved
- Work with cross-functional leaders across the organization
- Define team partnering models with account executives that steer to best outcomes in order to meet or exceed sales targets
What we value:
- Passion for coaching and mentoring team members to succeed and grow as Value Consulting experts in SaaS products
- Track record of building successful consulting teams
- Demonstrated history of meeting organizational, cross-functional, and personal goals
- Strong knowledge of SaaS and cloud-based software platforms
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Success in building and scaling teams in a startup environment
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.