Director, Data and Analytics
United States /
Operations – Operations Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will build Aurora Solar’s analytics foundation for scalable growth. You will build a team that owns a center of excellence for data and drives insights to propel Aurora to the next level. You will immerse yourself in quantitative exploration and drive major strategic decisions and organizational alignment via data.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Build our end-to-end analytics strategy, including the data lifecycle and establishing and evangelizing an analytics operating model
- Build a center of excellence for data integrity—in close partnership with Data Engineering—guiding cross-functional data governance initiatives
- Build a center of excellence for data analytics, supporting business stakeholders in making decisions through ad hoc analyses and regular reporting, and creating simplified tools for self-service
- Define an agile roadmap to enable Aurora Solar to build advanced strategies and tools needed to promote product, commercial, and organizational growth long-term
- Build, direct, develop and mentor the analytics team, becoming an advocate for needs and ensuring the right resources are in place for success
- Foster a culture of trusted partnership, service, and continuous improvement with your team and cross-functional stakeholders throughout the business
What we value:
- Track record building and directing analytics teams and working with cross-functional partners, with 7-10 years of experience in high-growth, fast-paced technology environments
- Experience operating as a senior leader and influencing company strategy by leveraging data; adept at working with multiple stakeholders in a collaborative team environment
- Strong knowledge of data architectures including data warehouse design, reporting tools, data governance, and ETL strategies
- Proven track record directing and scaling data and analytics functions
- Deep experience with various BI and analytics tools and technologies – SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Snowflake, etc
- Self-starters, proactive in identifying opportunities and/or gaps and taking ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.