Senior Compensation Analyst
United States /
People – People Operations /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will build Aurora Solar’s compensation framework to scale with us as we scale. You will partner with the Director of Compensation to set the company compensation strategy and design competitive rewards.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Enhance and maintain our compensation philosophy by continuous review of our salary structure, leveling systems and other compensation-related initiatives
- Manage our Employee Stock Option Programs and implement progressive equity frameworks
- Manage job architecture, aligning roles with appropriate level and org structures
- Direct our compensation benchmarking; review and refresh our global salary and equity grant ranges
- Ensure that compensation is equitable across Aurorans through periodic audits in partnership with department stakeholders
- Project manage compensation programs, including annual salary and promotion review, equity planning, and bonus programs
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Team to properly level job requisitions and provide compensation guidelines
- Conduct Ad Hoc Reporting and analytics
- Create and improve compensation processes and tools for efficient, informed, data-based decision making
- Propose strategies based on industry trends and best practices
- Work with Business Partners to provide compensation analysis and develop communication plans related to compensation policies, procedures, and training for all levels of employees
- Partner with the Finance team for budgeting exercises and FP&A activities
- Partner with HRIS in ensuring the accuracy of data with compensation processes
- Act as a resource to our executive team and people managers on our compensation practices
What we value:
- 5+ years of compensation experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Deep understanding of survey data; Radford survey experience a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, excellent problem-solving, analytical, budgeting, and research skills
- Proven organizational skills, including balancing multiple responsibilities, and effectively meeting deadlines
- Effective communication and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels with a high level of responsiveness
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive data with the utmost integrity
- Well-versed understanding of equity comp such as stock options and RSUs is a plus
- Experience with M&A, IPO, and change of control events is a plus
- Familiarity with Workday Advanced Compensation module is a plus
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges in each zone are:
- Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $110,500.00 - $149,500.00
- Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $101,500.00 - $137,500.00
- Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $92,000.00 - $125,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.