Senior Manager, Professional Services
United States /
Customer Success – Professional Services /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
Aurora’s Senior Manager, Professional Services will build and guide a Professional Services team. In this role, you will own all aspects of building and managing a scalable, world-class team of Professional Services Engagement Managers and Implementation Engineers. You will be providing guidance on positioning services, supporting sales, scoping projects, developing custom enterprise solutions, excellence in consulting, project management, and achieving our team and team member goals. The Professional Services team works with customer leads as they start to become serious about purchasing Aurora all the way through to achieve value as an Aurora customer.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Guide a team of 5-10 Engagement Managers and Implementation Engineers to drive customer outcomes, adoption, and engagement within their portfolios
- Coach and mentor distributed team members to develop strategic business and complex technical skills
- As a member of the leadership team pod, you will develop strong working relationships with your peers (sales, marketing, customer success, product, etc.) and jointly manage the business
- Partner with sales management to ensure proper coverage and forecasting of open opportunities and as a player-coach, help position services, scope and prepare Statements of Work (SOW) for prospects and existing customers
- Hire and onboard new team members; mentor and coach each one to meet their career goals
- Ensure that projects are adequately staffed in a timely manner
- Oversee ongoing deliveries and manage project quality
- Develop customer relationships and act as an escalation point for PS projects in your region
- Manage key PS business metrics: bookings, revenue, utilization
- Participate in special initiatives across PS and beyond
What we value:
- 8+ years experience in Professional Services
- 3+ years of people leadership with a demonstrated positive mentoring and coaching background
- Demonstrated expertise in comprehending customer requirements and proposing solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to persuasively articulate Professional Services offerings and business value to customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment, requiring exceptional skills in critical thinking, influencing, and managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity, but the ability to drive to clarity
- A previous blend of experience in consulting, sales, business development, and services delivery for a SaaS solution is highly beneficial
- Ability to travel up to 20%
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges in each zone are:
- Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $168,500.00 to $227,000.00
- Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $154,000.00 - $208,000.00
- Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.