(Senior) Director, Content and Community
United States /
Marketing – Brand and Communications Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
Aurora Solar is looking for a seasoned (Sr.) Director of Content & Community to take our content and community marketing function to the next level. In this role, you will direct a team of content and community marketers to develop and execute our content strategy, fuel the growth of our audiences and establish Aurora as the go-to resource for solar industry professionals. This is a highly visible and influential role, working closely with key stakeholders across the company and within the marketing team. The ideal person for this role is a strong player/coach who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-performance environment.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Build a content marketing machine that drives demand generation, brand awareness, thought leadership, and community development – at scale
- Spearhead content strategy to engage prospects and move them through the B2B marketing funnel through content creation and SEO strategy, thought leadership and education, and multi-channel distribution
- Collaborate with teams all across the organization to establish a predictable, efficient, and scalable model for content ideation, development, and execution
- Own content themes, editorial calendar, and narrative to ensure we continuously deliver the right content at the right time to the right audiences
- Experiment with new channels, messaging and platforms, and content marketing partnerships
- Measure the impact of your team’s work on the brand, revenue, and retention, and drive continuous improvement
- Grow the company’s annual virtual summit into the premier industry gathering for solar professionals
What we value:
- 10+ years of experience in managing and scaling content marketing functions at hyper-growth companies
- Experience in people leadership and the ability to effectively build, develop, inspire, and empower a high-performing and engaged team
- Big picture thinking; the ability to shape ambiguous ideas, break down complex projects, and create robust and scalable processes to deliver results
- Exceptional storytelling that provides original and unique content as well as innovative content marketing ideas
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.