Remote from U.S. /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series C company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will work closely with account executives to craft technical solutions that meet our customers’ needs. You will identify how Aurora’s powerful products fit into a client’s workflow and add value by eliminating manual steps, automating processes, and increasing the speed and efficiency of designing and selling solar. A successful candidate in this role will have deep API knowledge and the ability to think creatively and present solutions to C-level executives both internally and externally.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Partner with Account Executives to analyze and understand clients’ business, sales, design processes, and operation needs
- Build workflows and charts that depict the customer journey, software utilization, and cost stacks
- Identify opportunities where Aurora Solar creates value and/or reduces costs for our customers
- Define technical requirements necessary to implement the identified cost reductions and added value solutions for the client
- Suggest new approaches to client operations that utilize Aurora Solar in more optimized methods while increasing stickiness
- Become an Aurora Solar product expert, especially in enterprise API and integration capabilities
What we value:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Deep domain experience in API implementation, development, or product management
- Ability to think outside the box to address complex situations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Outstanding organizational and record-keeping skills
- Team-oriented mindset
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.