Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
San Francisco, CA
Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
We are looking for well-rounded software engineers with a passion for quality. As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll own the quality of many features of the product and be accountable for testing strategy, implementation of both manual and automated test plans and test cases and their execution. You’ll be responsible for status communication throughout the software development life-cycle, advocate for our customers, and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionality.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Work with Quality Assurance and Product Management to run risk analysis and propose/document test plans that establish what should be tested, how (manual vs. automated), when (frequency) and in what order automation should be implemented (prioritization)
- Participate in feature and regression testing for ongoing releases
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues
- Quickly learn TypeScript and Cypress automation framework to support test case development.
- Work closely with Frontend Engineers to read, optimize and complement their existing automated unit, integration and end-to-end tests in Typescript using Cypress as a test framework
What we value:
- Demonstrate past solid 2 years of coding experience in any language (develop highly technical features for automation framework, develop utilities to support testing, or develop software application).
- Some experience with SQL
- Experience with owning the quality of the product features in both manual and automation
- Experience with AWS products and services
- Experience with source control and continuous integration / continuous delivery process(prefer Git, CircleCI)
- Experience with the concept of code coverage and its utilization toward testing prioritization
- Self-starter, organized, and able to work on multiple fast-paced projects at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to articulate complex ideas and explanations
Aurora is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.