Senior Tax Manager
United States /
Finance – Accounting Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for an experienced tax professional to join our growing accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Tax Manager will own all corporate tax matters, including planning, compliance, and tax filings. The ideal candidate should be comfortable operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, partner well cross-functionally, and have a flexible, can-do attitude.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Manage indirect tax filings and ensure compliance with all applicable laws
- Facilitate and manage the federal, state, and foreign income tax compliance processes
- Assist with process improvements related to the tax systems and processes
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for indirect taxes and resolve any variances
- Direct various tax engagements with external providers; manage all external requests
- Act as the main contact for any tax-related matters, inquiries, and special tax projects
What we value:
- 6+ years of corporate tax experience in public accounting or a fast-growth SaaS/technology company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Tax/ Finance; CPA is a plus
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, and reconcile tax data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively across functions and levels throughout the company
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with a big-picture strategic understanding
- Ability to manage ambiguity, handle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Reliability, systematic approach, and ability to identify issues and drive timely and accurate resolution
- “Roll-up the sleeves” approach to accomplishing all necessary tasks
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.