Director, Program Management
United States /
Operations – Operations Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will establish a PMO center of excellence that oversees the planning, execution, and delivery of critical company-wide initiatives. You will develop and implement standards for project management processes and procedures across the organization. You will define, operationalize and maintain responsibilities including stakeholder management, portfolio management, and project planning which includes milestone management and risk and issue management. Integral to delivering these responsibilities will be resource forecasting, dependency management, and program reporting.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement project management processes, procedures, and standards across the organization
- Build and manage the PMO team; provide guidance and support to program managers
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of complex cross-functional projects
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within scope, and within budget
- Identify and manage project risks and issues; monitor project performance and provide regular updates to senior leadership
- Ensure project teams are properly trained and equipped to deliver projects successfully
- Work with senior leadership to identify and prioritize projects and initiatives
- Continuously improve the PMO processes and practices
What we value:
- 8-10 years of experience in project management
- Proven track record of leading and managing successful projects
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing and implementing project management processes and standards; proven experience managing project portfolios
- Strong comprehension of project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall); knowledge of project management tools and software
- PMP or other project management certification
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.