Senior Business Development Manager
United States /
Sales – Business Development /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you’ll play a key part in bringing new business opportunities to the company. Business Development is at the forefront of new go-to-market initiatives at Aurora. We focus on activities that build pipelines or establish new revenue streams for the company. A rapidly growing pipeline is essential for Aurora to meet its strong revenue goals, as is the addition of new sources of revenue, making Business Development programs a high priority. In addition, Business Development is involved in multiple other company activities, bringing variety and scope to this role.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Partnership design: work with partners to create programs promoting Aurora to their customers in ways that increase sales and/or reduce costs for the partner
- Partnership implementation: work cross-functionally to create and prioritize programs and processes that monetize partnerships
- Macro research: identify new strategic market segments where a channel approach would have a high ROI
- Micro research: identify partnership targets, conduct in-depth company & organization research, and assess inbound inquiries
- Financial modeling: perform a detailed analysis of the potential revenue and costs of partnerships
- Develop and document partner acquisition best practices
What we value:
- Strong interest in the solar industry
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building ad hoc teams as needed and aligning Business Development objectives with those of other departments and teams
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to gather information about the market, trends, and different types of players; conduct quantitative and qualitative assessments; establish viable strategic and tactical approaches; develop contingency plans
- Ability to identify the unknowns of a new market segment or business opportunity, and conclude what information is critical, as well as how to obtain it
At Aurora Solar, we tie our base pay ranges to level and location. In the United States, this means that your base pay ranges will fall into one of three geographic pay zones depending on your location.
In most cases, we target the midpoint of our salary ranges for new hire compensation. This placement is reflective of full proficiency in a role. Base pay is ultimately determined based on a number of factors including skills, qualifications, and location. This role is eligible for additional variable compensation and an equity grant, which will be discussed in your initial recruiter conversation.
Our current base pay ranges in each zone are:
- Tier 1 San Francisco, New York City: $112,500.00 - $152,500.00
- Tier 2 Seattle, Los Angeles, Washington DC: $110,000.00 - $149,000.00
- Tier 3 All Other US Locations, including Colorado: $107,000.00 - $145,000.00
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.