Senior Analytics Engineer
United States /
Customer Success – Revenue Operations Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will own our analytics architecture and evaluate data sets across our commercial functions to maximize the efficiency of our customer-facing operations. This is a key role that will help us draw insights from disparate data sets, and help apply those insights to create a better customer experience across our business segments. You'll help design a data-driven view of the customer journey - all the way from website visits to interacting with sales and becoming successful customers through consistent engagement. If you are keen to help build an analytics framework and create meaning out of customer touchpoints, this role is well-positioned for you.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented people to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Own and maintain integration between our tools using best practices to ensure a seamless workflow between Snowflake, dbt, and Looker
- Own the dbt infrastructure and maintenance in both dbt Cloud and dbt Core
- Design, build, and improve upon scalable core data models
- Define and implement engineering best practices including peer code reviews, documentation, and testing to ensure successful deliverables and better team alliance
- Engage with cross-functional teams to help understand their requirements at a departmental level; help scope and prioritize these requirements to develop analytics programs and projects
- Create analytics views based on disparate data sets across the commercial functions - sales, marketing, customer success - leveraging business analysts and vendor resources
- Build a partnership with our infrastructure and engineering teams to help drive best practices and continue to build our data infrastructure
- Manage and maintain reporting across commercial teams that drive business insights and create actionable next steps
What we value:
- 5 years of advanced analytics experience
- A passion for full stack data modeling and owning the end-to-end process ensuring data quality with a focus on back-end data modeling
- Expert in SQL and relational database design
- Prior experience in design, implementation, and optimization of dbt and Looker models based on business and performance requirements
- Prior experience with CI/CD pipeline and GitHub
- Prior experience with Snowflake and S3 Integrations
- Able to provide ad-hoc data extracts using SQL, Python, R, and Google Sheets
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- A can-do attitude towards examining issues, opportunities, and problems, with the ability to work under their own initiative
- A collective mindset with a proven track record of engaging with multiple stakeholders across different business areas
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.