Senior Data Analyst
United States /
Operations – Operations Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will help build Aurora Solar’s analytics foundation for scalable growth. You will be a part of a newly built team that owns a center of excellence for data and drives insights to propel Aurora to the next level. This role will champion performance insights, metrics reporting, and data-motivated decisions. You will immerse yourself in quantitative exploration and drive major strategic decisions and organizational alignment via data.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Be the first team member of a center of excellence for data analytics, supporting business stakeholders in making decisions through ad hoc analyses and regular reporting, and creating simplified tools for self-service
- Gather, structure, and analyze data from multiple complex data sources into actionable business insights using industry-standard tools and technologies
- Partner with various functional stakeholders to identify the appropriate data sources and methodology to meet business decision-making needs
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to produce dashboards that tell the performance narrative
- Collaborate with a team of data architects and data engineers to support the development and automation of standard data analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned related to data analytics
What we value:
- 4+ years of experience in a data analyst role or similar where strong analytical and problem-solving skills were required
- At least 2 years of experience working with large data sets and complex databases
- Strong understanding of database and data warehouse concepts and structures
- Expert in SQL, Excel/sheets, etc; proficient in analytical data manipulation on large databases and external data sources
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment
- Very strong diligence
- Drive to deliver continuous process improvement, automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.