Director, Enterprise Sales
United States /
Sales – Account Executive Team /
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will direct one of Aurora’s fastest-growing and most strategically important sales segments. In this position, you’ll report directly to the VP of Sales and partner with marketing, product, customer success, business development, and sales operations to grow and build a high-performing enterprise organization that meets our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives within our largest accounts. An ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial person who thrives in a start-up environment and enjoys defining sales strategy, designing sales organizations, optimizing sales processes, and metrics-driven sales management.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Direct a team of front-line enterprise sales managers and their teams of AEs
- Recruit, hire, and retain a world-class sales organization that is growing rapidly
- Assist in closing large $100k-$1M+ deals through coaching with a focus on building executive relationships
- Build territories
- Optimize our sales processes
- Consistently build a healthy and diverse pipeline
- Structure and improve existing operations while optimizing our ‘land and expand’ motion to increase ACVs, quantity, and close rate
- Onboard new hires effectively
- Embrace and embody the Pod model
- Set and manage goals and expectations
- Influence the C-suite
- Forecast accurately
What we value:
- History of exceeding sales quotas
- Extremely strong deal mechanics and an affinity for teaching them to others
- Curiosity and genuine interest in the solar industry with a mission-focused mindset
- Building a culture that’s aligned with Aurora Solar’s values and focused on strong performance
- Curiosity and customer centricity
- Track record of extreme grit
- Comprehension of macro-trends and their implications on market expansion opportunities as well as competitors within Aurora Solar’s top account tier
- Flexibility, problem-solving skills, and fast, outcome-oriented execution are key to successfully operating in our high-growth environment
- Passion for building organizations and developing people
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.