Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 is looking for a Chief Architect to lead the design and implementation of our most complex technical challenges. You will inspire and lead a team of Principal Engineers and will report directly to our Vice President of Engineering. Our ideal candidates bring a consistent track record of building high-quality Identity or Security enterprise products, platforms, systems, and services that are highly-extensible, reliable, secure, and performant at scale. You’ve “been there, done that” and are eager to share and apply your experience to our challenges.
This role can be based from a remote office anywhere in the US.
What You Will Do
- First and foremost, improve the architecture of the most complex and important Auth0 software systems, especially on the application architecture.
- Guide engineers, lead design discussions, prove out concepts through prototypes and be on the front lines of implementing the hardest parts of our production systems.
- Collaborate with our Vice President of Engineering to lead the strategy, planning, and execution of the Auth0 technology roadmap. You are a thought leader regarding 'what is possible' and 'how can we achieve our goals' to influence our top-level business and product goals.
- Research global identity and technology trends and their applicability to Auth0’s platform,
- Innovate and differentiate Auth0 from our competitors.
- Partner with our Security organization to enforce application security design, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies, highlighting short-term trade-offs vs. long-term commitments.
- Promote a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to inspire a high-performing team of Principal Engineers.
- Partner with Engineering Leadership and Directors to enforce and drive efficient software development best practices.
What You Bring
- 10+ years experience in product delivery and building identity or security enterprise applications.
- 5+ years of experience in establishing security design, threat modeling, secure programming and crypto
- 4+ years of experience at a director level of a global team
- Extensive experience in architecting distributed systems and developing enterprise level technology roadmap
- Take a collaborative approach and ask questions about design choices, providing insights and guidance based on past experience and knowledge to help engineers learn to make strong architecture and security decisions.
- Have a strong ability to collaborate, communicate, and influence in a way that leaves the team feeling inspired. You help others learn!
- Focus on code delivery with speed, stability, security, and scale. You excel and thrive in an early stage and high growth environment where excellent decisions need to be made in the face of ambiguity and change is constant. Apply the 80/20 rule to decide what should be worked on first.
- High-growth technology company experience
- Experience with a remote working environment
- Take an active role in the wider software development community as a leader with a point of view. Have experience communicating technical topics to external entities.
- Ability to travel approximately 20%, including international
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.