Vice President, Data
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 is seeking a Vice President, Data to help lead and manage a global team of data engineers, data scientists, data operations engineers, and analysts. You will lead this team on qualitative and quantitative projects reporting to the Chief Product Officer. This technical leadership role will oversee the growth of our highly productive teams of smart and engaged engineers, scientists and analysts. This team will serve internal stakeholders such as our GTM, Product, Operations and Finance teams with business intelligence to drive critical business decisions. This team will also build data products to provide secure access for our customers.
This role can be based from a home office anywhere in the US.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with our Team Leads, Engineering and Product Directors and VP of Engineering to lead, build, and scale our Data Organization to meet our customer, product, and data warehouse needs
- Oversee Data Engineering and Data Science from source discovery, to ingestion, refinement and modeling
- Be the internal facing lead for Data, building partnerships with other teams and challenging their assumptions
- Work with business partners to clarify requirements when necessary to create both high level and low level design documents while communicating team capabilities and engineering priorities across the organization
- Lead and develop a mix of new and seasoned engineers and managers running widely distributed teams
- Operate in a time-sensitive environment with competing deadlines; appropriately prioritize the short and long term paths based on an Agile development process
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis of market trends and competitive landscape to highlight improvements, growth opportunities and new markets
- Identify and vet new technologies that can be used by your team and other teams by examining best practices from tech giants and competition
- Provide operational excellence and implement processes and policies that create efficiencies during a time of massive growth
- Define and execute engineering and company wide Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
What You Bring
- 12+ years of data leadership focused on data infrastructure, AI/ML, data engineering and warehouse in a dynamic environment, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and lead a high-performing data team around the globe
- Prior experience in a fast-paced and high-growth company strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of data security, compliance, database schema design, and engineering best practices
- Experience in UNIX, SQL, Python, Spark, Looker, Kafka, Tableau, Redshift, AWS, and a statistical package, such as R, R Studio, SPSS or Stata
- Experience in AI/ML and threat intelligence
- Strong ability to influence and work cross-functionally
- Successful experience managing a department budget and resources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Some travel will be required (US and International)
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.