Senior Engineer, Platform Environment Creation
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
The Platform Environment Creation team lays the foundations for new cloud environments at Auth0. We bootstrap and turn-up new environments for our customers around the world, including cross-environment connectivity, environment security and automation. These environments collectively support more than 2.5B logins per month across nearly 1M tenants worldwide. To support our rapid expansion, we want to grow our fleet of public + private cloud environments by 10x over the next 3 years; and we want your help to reach this goal.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team designing, implementing and at times rethinking the tools and strategies for building and deploying these environments. Because we build and support the overall Auth0 platform, the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about infrastructure, operations, and not intimidated by cross-organization coordination and collaboration.
What will you be doing?
- Building, automating and optimizing the creation of new cloud environments.
- Designing and developing new services, tools and automation to expose environment functionality to other Auth0 engineering teams.
- Securely and efficiently connecting heterogeneous cloud environments.
- Working with downstream teams to understand their requirements and help them move faster.
- Learning and discovering new technologies to accelerate new environment creation.
- Maintaining and championing good engineering habits and discipline: code reviews, design reviews, operational robustness, security hygiene, etc.
- Participating in the team's on-call rotation.
- Working remotely as part of a distributed engineering team.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Experience building services and working within the AWS ecosystem. We’re heavy consumers of AWS Route53, AWS Lambda, AWS WAF, AWS DDB, AWS S3, etc.
- Experience building services and working within the Azure ecosystem.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, using automation tools like Terraform and Salt.
- Experience with application-clustering and load-balancing.
- A solid understanding of protocols like DNS, HTTP, TLS, SSH, etc.
- A bias for action and delivering results, even when faced with roadblocks or incomplete context.
- A strong focus on security and operational best-practices.
- A history of technical leadership and mentorship.
- 5+ years of professional software-development experience.
- Experience in multi-cloud environments, especially connecting AWS and Azure.
- Experience integrating with Cloudflare API and tools.
- Prior startup experience.
- Prior experience working on remote or distributed teams.
- #US; #AR; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.