Security Engineer, Detection & Response
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We are a Security company and Auth0's Security team is in the privileged position of supporting a Security-first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
We are looking for a technical and hands-on Detection & Response Engineer who is passionate about protecting Auth0’s customers, employees and brand. The successful candidate will have a mix of deep technical knowledge, and a demonstrated background in information security.
In this role you will:
- Respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Use your experience and security intuition to hunt for threats across enterprise and production environments. If we’re missing important data we need, go get it!
- Build automation workflows for alerts and common response scenarios.
- Act as an escalation point after automated triage of alerts.
- Perform variant analysis and root cause analysis to find systematic bugs.
- Develop creative solutions to complex security problems which balance business needs and risk.
- Maintain current knowledge and skills to keep up with the rapidly changing threat landscape.
- Perform regular on-call responsibilities, including fulfilling various incident response team roles.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years working in a high-demand security team.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent ideal.
- Excellent English language skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of common attack vectors.
- Familiarity/experience with AWS services and security concepts.
- Experience with common Linux / Mac OS command line, security monitoring, log analysis and forensic tools.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Experience working an on-call rotation.
- Have a passion to learn and thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical thinking, time management and coordination skills.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working as a senior part of a Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) or Security Operations Team.
Examples of our engineering culture:
- #US; #AR; #CA; #EU;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.