Senior Engineer, Platform
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice for developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 platform secures more than 100 million logins each day for customers all around the world - and we're growing fast! The Platform team enables Auth0 engineers to move faster by giving them tools to easily deploy and manage their services on Azure. This is a role with a huge impact. You will get to work with engineers throughout the organization and what you build will be a foundational piece of the infrastructure that allows Auth0 to scale for years to come.
You are a good fit if:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Are proficient in Golang and Terraform
- Have a deep understanding of Kubernetes and containerization
- Have DevOps experience using cloud agnostic cloud native technologies
- Have experience with Kubernetes on Azure or Kubernetes on multiple cloud providers
- Have experience with infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform, Packer)
- Are willing to take initiative and can unblock yourself to get things done
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions
- Have a passion for working on systems that are highly reliable, maintainable, scalable and secure
- Are easy to work with: you communicate well, take feedback in a positive way and are OK not always doing the most glamorous tasks
- Are comfortable working on a fully-distributed team
- Implement a platform runtime that allows development teams to deploy and manage their services on Kubernetes and Azure
- Research and implement solutions that address cross cutting concerns such as service discovery, configuration, routing and scaling
- Provide guidance to engineering teams to effectively operate on a container-based platform
- Be on-call for all services and components owned by the Platform team
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt)
- Experience with GitOps
- Familiarity with gRPC
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals
- Aware of the best practices when creating Docker images
- Familiarity with service mesh technologies such as Envoy and Istio
- Experience working in a remote-friendly, asynchronous environment
- #CAN; #US; #AR;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.