Chief Information Security Officer
Remote - North America /
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We are seeking an experienced Chief Information Security Officer to join our fast growing team. You will provide global leadership and strategy for both our products and for our company that will utilize your expertise in product security, information security and cyber security. The ideal candidate will bring an established track record of success as the top Information Security leader for a global organization, preferably within SaaS or Security companies.
This preferred location for this role will be from a remote home office based in the U.S. or Canada.
What You Will Do
- Create and scale a rolling global information security strategy and roadmap to continuously enhance the security of our company and our customers.
- Partner with our Product Engineering team to create innovative and best-in-class security architecture within our products.
- Actively monitor security technology opportunities to establish highly effective global solutions designed to prevent and detect advanced threats to the company networks and systems.
- Develop KPIs and management metrics to report on the health and effectiveness of the global information security program.
- Communicate directly with key customers to explain our Security products and features
- Develop and review global security programs and policies.
- Ensure Auth0's information assets are constantly being monitored for security threats, including overseeing our global incident response program.
- Be an active participant with other security leaders to build a strong, trustworthy external and global professional network.
What You Bring
- CISSP certification required
- 12+ years of product security, information security and cyber security experience required
- 5+ years of leadership experience and creating global Information Security strategy and plans
- Proven experience leading and developing a high-performing global Information Security team
- Expert understanding of Information Security including security technology architecture within products and the strategy and execution of global company security programs and standards
- Prior experience with a company that has gone through a successful IPO or with a company that was preparing for an IPO is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with cloud computing infrastructures involving IaaS/SaaS/PaaS services is required
- Experience with global privacy laws such as GDPR and CCPA
- Experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining compliance frameworks like ISO27001, SOC2, FedRAMP, etc.
- Proven successes working with executive team members and stakeholders and deftly guiding complex decisions
- Ability to provide innovative leadership and thinking to global and cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced and highly matrixed environment
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.