Application Security Engineer
Remote, Buenos Aires, AR, Seattle, WA
Auth0 allows anyone to authenticate and authorize users, applications, and APIs with any identity provider running on any stack and any device. As you can imagine, that means the security of our customers and their data is paramount.
We're looking to add an application security engineer to our team to help us further improve the security of our products, including Webtask. Our engineering team builds web apps, mobile apps, and APIs, and we have customers in just about every industry. This creates many interesting use cases that we need to support while maintaining security.
The individual filling this role will work closely with Engineering (and other teams), and should feel comfortable shipping bug fixes into production (don't worry, we have a code review process). We love to build tools and automate security whenever it makes sense, enabling others and reducing repetitive tasks.
- Ownership of the secure software development lifecycle (process and tools)
- Threat modeling of new and existing features
- Web application security testing
- Security code assessments and internal consulting
- Work with third-party vendors as necessary
- Occasional travel for team meetings (usually twice a year, possibly international)
- Prior application security experience
- Software engineering experience with Node.js
- Experience working in a Linux and AWS environment
- Knowledge of authentication protocols and cryptography
- Experience with Docker, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch
- Experience working with international, remote teams in a startup environment
Auth0 is an identity-as-a-service solution that removes the complexity of authentication and authorization for app developers. Built by developers for developers, the company’s service is used by thousands of developers and IT managers in both small and large corporations across 124 countries in the financial, media, software, security and consumer sectors. The company is based in Seattle, WA and is financially backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, K9 Ventures, Portland Seed Fund and NXTP Labs.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.