Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada /
Founded in 2015, AutoFi is an e-commerce software-as-a-service platform that connects an auto dealer’s customers to a network of lenders, allowing car buyers to purchase and finance a car entirely online. Our mission is to become the industry standard checkout experience for all online vehicle transactions. We are well-funded and backed by investors including Crosslink Capital, Ford, BMW iVentures and Mouro Capital.
Our team is diverse - spread out across the U.S. and Canada, we have backgrounds from finance and technology as well as deep experience in all areas of the auto space. We’re empathetic, gritty, curious, and humble owners of this business and are supported by some of the biggest names in the auto and financial industries as investors and commercial partners.
We’ve never been more excited about the opportunity in front of us to help transition the auto industry from offline to online. If changing a trillion-dollar industry sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Read more about us at www.autofi.com. #LI-REMOTE
Who Are We Looking For
- You are a customer-minded engineer who is passionate about delivering value through software, whether creating best-in-class user experiences or contributing to back end APIs.
- You are proficient in building software and care deeply about the craft.
- You are familiar with current web frameworks such as Node.js and React, NoSQL databases, and modern container-based architecture.
- You thrive in an agile team, working closely with business, product, and design to deliver a high-quality product.
- Lead development of new products, features, APIs, and user experiences.
- Build robust infrastructure to support new services and products.
- Contribute to engineering best-practices.
- Work with product and design to inform trade-offs and scalability concerns.
- 6+ years of relevant, post-academic Software engineering experience and open to a full-stack-or back-end role (no front-end only).
- Node.js experience or knowledge.
- Comfortable in a start-up environment.
- Prior Automotive or Fin Tech experience - Preferred
- Degree in computer science or related field - Preferred
AutoFi is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.