Senior Art Director
Automattic | Work With Us
Want to make the web a better place for more than a billion people each month?
Are you passionate about communicating ideas and products to potential customers in creative and visually compelling ways? Do you like testing your ideas, utilizing the latest analysis tools, and challenging yourself as a digital creative professional? As a marketing designer at Automattic, you’ll work alongside front-end developers, SEO experts, and content architects to craft a range of communications that empower Automattic's mission to democratize voice.
Learn more about Automattic design's direction on our VOICE blog, starting with a post by Ashleigh Axios who joined us in late 2016. Read about our emerging approach to inclusive design in an interview with Joan Rho and Alice Lee. And to get a sense of what it means to join Automattic, read about how one of our new design team members, Chris Runnels, has experienced our company's creed.
A few of our requirements for this role:
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant advertising and marketing work, across various channels including email, web, mobile, and print, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- You are comfortable with conceptualizing and assisting the creative direction of digital and offline marketing campaigns from initial market research to front-end implementation.
- You have industry or agency experience for diverse projects and clients and a proven record of improving conversion rates. Experience with A/B testing, especially on marketing sites, is a plus.
- You collaborate closely with product managers, teammates, and other designers to ensure campaign and strategic goals are met.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
All of our positions require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you'd like to join Automattic.
Pro-tip: Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly — note the capital W and P, and also the two Ts in automaTTic.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. Automattic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status. We look forward to hearing from you!