Automattic | Work With Us
Want to make the web a better place for more than a billion people each month?
The secret to our sauce? Combining high technology with great design. As a Product Designer at Automattic, you’ll develop your original ideas from half-formed thoughts into services used by millions of people. You’ll be a creative force in a small interdisciplinary team, responsible not just for what a product looks like but for how it works.
Learn more about the Automattic product design process on our FLOW blog, starting with a post by Filippo Di Trapani who joined us in early 2017. Read about our emerging approach to inclusive design in an interview with Joan Rho and Alice Lee. And to get a sense of what it means to join Automattic, read about how one of our new design team members, Chris Runnels, has experienced our company's creed.
A few of our requirements for this role:
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant product design work, across various channels including web and mobile, that you’re proud to share with us. Include it as a link in your application.
- You are familiar with Android’s Material Design and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design.
- You have experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed (not data-driven) approach to design.
- You collaborate closely with developers, business leads, and other designers to ensure customer goals are met.
- You have excellent written communication skills, know how to receive and deliver constructive criticism, and work well in a team.
All of our jobs require:
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
Does this sound interesting? If yes, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out in your application letter by telling us why you'd like to join Automattic.
Pro-tip: Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly — note the capital W and P, and also the two Ts in automaTTic.
At Automattic, we value diversity and know that different perspectives will ensure our team is innovative and creative thinking. Automattic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or disability status. We look forward to hearing from you!