(Senior) Technical Support Engineer - UK
At Autopilot, the support team is a key part of the customers’ success. On a daily basis, the support team helps hundreds of customers to build remarkable customer journeys and, quickly resolve their issues.
You'll be a pioneer and our first support rep in the London office, working by yourself for a period of time. Your are excited about the opportunity to be a pioneer and be the first voice for the European continent. You’ll be expected to take ownership of technical issues and work with our engineering team to resolve more advanced issues as necessary. You’ll also be expected to communicate technical matters to customers in easy to understand language, and to help them in a timely manner.
Since we are a growing startup, scalability and documentation is important to us, so as part of this role you’ll help write troubleshooting guides and help fine-tune and document processes on our wiki.
If you’ve worked with marketing automation or software solutions before, that’s a big plus. Also, if terms such as DNS, HTML, JS and API scare you, this may not be the ideal role for you. It can get a little technical at times ;)
To be successful in this role, you'll need to become an Autopilot product master, learn best practice marketing automation and love solving customer problems. This is your chance to grow your career in an early-stage, and fast-growing international startup with offices in Sydney, London and San Francisco.
Ideally, these statements describe you
- You like to troubleshoot complex issues and peers recognize you as being technical.
- You consider yourself a logical thinker and can break down cases and issues into clear steps.
- You like interacting with customers and understand that communicating clearly is important. Describing technical issues to non-technical people is something that you find easy.
- You’re able to navigate challenging situations, such as dealing with upset customers, with calmness and understanding.
- You’ve worked in customer support before and platforms such as Zendesk are not new to you.
- You can prioritize customer tickets appropriately so as to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- You like mastering new tools and challenging yourself with setting up new integrations or coding scripts.
- 2 or more years in technical support, ideally at a software company
- You’re able to understand and write basic HTML, CSS and JS
- You’re able to work with APIs and send and retrieve data from APIs
- Being multilingual is not a requirement, although it could be beneficial
- Bonus: You worked for a marketing automation company in the past or had a marketing role before.
Perks for being an Autopilot-er
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Own a part of Autopilot: every team member receives generous stock options
- Generous paid time off
- Ability to work remotely: feel like working from home 1-2 days a week, no problem
- Great setup including a brand new computer of your choice
- Long term opportunities to grow, learn and "needle move" your career
Autopilot is on a mission to help marketers create remarkable customer journeys with multi-channel marketing automation software that is incredibly easy to try, use and buy. We're disrupting traditional marketing automation software with a solution that "just works".
Autopilot has raised over $20MM and is backed by top firms including Blackbird, Salesforce Ventures, Rembrandt VC, Tim Draper, Terry Garnett and Southern Cross Venture Capital.