Technical Support Manager
San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a natural problem solver, solution-finder, trouble-shooter and leader who enjoys customer interactions and is genuinely interested in the rapidly evolving marketing technology industry.
In this role you will start by managing support tickets, tick priorities, help implement new customers, and elevate tickets (when required) to engineers. You will manage an existing team of customer support advocates in both the USA and Europe to help deliver high quality 24/6 support to our customers. As our business continues to rapidly grow you will be responsible with expanding this team both locally and abroad. Providing training and helping maintain and improve existing support processes.
To be successful in this role, you'll need to become an Autopilot product master, learn best practice marketing automation and love solving customer problems. You will also need to show prior experience and knowledge of marketing technology. This is your chance to grow your career in an early-stage, and fast-growing international startup with offices in Sydney, Europe and San Francisco.
- Manage all support tickets, be responsible for average response time and performance metrics and play "air traffic control" with support tickets amongst customer support advocates
- Help maintain and improve existing support processes
- Manage a global team of customer support advocates, set KPIs and as required help grow this team as the business scales
- Provide remarkable customer support to both trial and paying customers, giving priority based on existing rules and processes and allocating tickets so they are responded to in a timely manner
- Help new customers on trial implement via existing support channels
- Resolve web based support tickets and live chat requests via Zendesk
- Route and manage ticket allocation based on type (sales, technical, success, support, priority)
- Speak to users about technical issues in a way they can easily understand
- Proactively help update knowledge base articles and Zendesk macros to improve team efficiency
- Have fun, create a great culture and love what you do
- BA degree from college/university or proven career experience
- 3 years or more experience as a customer support lead or manager with proven experience managing high volume support operations for a software of web-based company
- Proven expertise in a similar or related product
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and proactively lead and improve processes
- Demonstrated ability for managing people, priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - bonus if you're good with Emoji or GIFs
- Demonstrated passion for customer support, troubleshooting and solving customer problems
- A strong sense of empathy for the customer
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing technology, the marketing technology landscape and marketing principles like lead nurturing, content marketing, SEO, SEM
- Experience with marketing automation software
- Zopim or LiveChat software
- Email marketing software
Benefits of being an Autopilot-er
- Join an international team of remarkable, innovative and social people
- Own a part of Autopilot: every team member receives generous stock options
- Generous paid time off: take the time you need with unlimited PTO
- Ability to work remotely: feel like working from home 1-2 days a week, no problem
- Great setup: stand/sit desks, large monitors and a brand new computer (your choice)
- New Amazon Kindle for every team member to encourage continue education
- Long term opportunities to grow, learn and "needle move" your career
Autopilot is on a mission to help marketers create remarkable customer journeys with multi-channel marketing automation software that is incredibly easy to try, use and buy. We're disrupting traditional marketing automation software with a solution that "just works" is incredibly sexy and focuses on being best-of-breed.
Autopilot has raised over $20MM and is back by top firms including Blackbird, Salesforce Ventures, Rembrandt VC, Tim Draper, Terry Garnett and Southern Cross Venture Capital.
For more information visit https://autopilothq.com/company/about.html.